This cute little christmas beetle has been in the works for quite some time, and I am super excited to show you all.
They are a smaller style earring that is super light weight, has 2 x 3 dimensional curved shells which wiggle, and an intricate hand cut body with spikey legs.
They are approximately 50mm tall and 25mm wide.
Featuring a matt green car vinyl body with a slight pearlescent tinge, this christmas beetle captures my childhood memories of Aussie Christmas's surrounded by Christmas beetles.
Made from recycled and oxidised copper, sterling silver, and car vinyl, these earrings are the 3rd design in this new collection.
Here are some ways to keep your Christmas Beetles in great condition!
- Hold your earrings by the shepherd hooks, especially when putting them on and off.
- Try to not touch the vinyl if you can. The beetles shells are wrapped in car vinyl, which is considered to be highly durable and scratch-resistant, however it could still mark.
- Avoid getting them wet. It's best to avoid wearing your earrings in heavy rain or the shower, as the copper and sterling silver hooks can discolour.
- Keeping them clean... avoid using alcohol based products on your earrings. Use a microfiber cloth or soft cloth. The copper body layer has been oxidised (a black patina added to the surface). This can rub off overtime so cleaning should be kept to a minimum to prolong its longevity. Should you wish to have them re-oxidised if the patina has worn away, just contact me and I can arrange this service.
- Store them safely. All Meekz Contemporary Jewellery come in their own gift box which will keep your earrings clean and protected.
Got these lovely earrings for Christmas and Ive already gotten sooooo many compliments! The green really pops 🪲🪲 they are extremely well made so I know they will last for years. I was worried that they would be too big and heavy, but they are very comfortable to wear and fit my face perfect. Absolutely have become one of my favourite pair of earrings already! Meekz is so incredibly talented, I highly recommend any of her products! Thank you so much!