BUSH STONE-CURLEW MAGNETIC BROOCH!!!
This gorgeously weird, big eyed, and long-legged bird will have everyone grinning in no time and is a playful addition to any outfit.
A larger style brooch, this curlew is super light weight, has long legs, and the grumpiest eyes going.
Standing approximately 70mm tall and 60mm wide, it packs a punch.
Made from recycled aluminium and industrial magnets, this Curlew brooch is the 6th design in this new collection.
This brooch was inspired by a family of Bush Stone - curlews that live in my front yard.
Here are some ways to keep your Curlew Brooch in great condition!
- Hold your brooch by the edges or the backing magnet especially when putting them on and off.
- Try to not touch the front of the brooch if you can. The flat unstamped surfaces can become marked and scratched over time.
- Avoid getting them wet. It's best to avoid wearing your brooch in heavy rain or the shower, as the aluminium and industrial magnet can discolour, and the sharpie pen can rub out.
- Keeping them clean... avoid using alcohol based products on your brooch. Use a microfiber cloth to polish them or if marked, use 180 grit sandpaper and gently sand the front of the stud to remove any finger prints or unwanted marks. Follow this up with a finer grit sandpaper if you don't want sanding marks. Please note: once sanded, the stud front will be raw; so avoid touching the surface until air (oxygen) has started tarnishing it again.
- Store them safely. All Meekz Contemporary Jewellery come in their own gift box which will keep your brooch clean, protected and stop it sticking to all other metal things.