Intro to Silversmithing Workshop: Cocktail / Statement Ring Making
Join me for a fun and creative day in my studio in Lutwyche, learning how to design and fabricate 1 textured ring using recycled metals.
The silversmithing techniques of ring making including metal texturing, hand sawing, filing, soldering, sanding and polishing will be explored using a variety of tools. You will have the opportunity to add your own creative touches to your ring along the way, while learning key techniques and skills.
The workshop will run for 5 hours in which you will be making 1 custom designed cocktail or statement ring of your choice.
MAXIMUM OF 5 PEOPLE PER CLASS
WHAT YOU GET:
- 5 hours of creative good fun
- Skilled industry knowledge by Silversmith Jemica of Meekz Contemporary Jewellery
- Tea & Coffee
- Recycled Copper, Brass and Sterling Silver
- Apron to wear during workshop
- Gift Box / Pouch to store and take your creations home in
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING / WEAR:
- All necessary tools and materials will be provided on the day
- Pen and paper to take notes
- Enclosed shoes
- No loose items of clothing (as they may get caught in equipment)
- Hair tied back
Drinks & Lunch, Make it social.
Workshop Tuition: $350 / person includes material costs and use of all tools
Date: Choose from the selection
Time: See workshop dates
Where: Meekz HQ (Lutwyche)
(Address will be emailed with workshop confirmation)
Keeping you safe as we navigate coronavirus together
- due to covid-19 safe work practices each class is limited to 5 students at any time so we can allow proper social distancing.
- we regularly clean our space, including high touch zones
- we ask that if you or someone you have had close contact with is unwell to please stay home.
ABOUT OUR WORKSHOPS
- These workshops are for 16 years and above.
- Meekz provides tea & coffee facilities, guests are welcome to bring their own snacks and drinks to enjoy as well.
- Plenty of Off Street Parking Available.
- Additional materials. Meekz provides everything you need to complete the task, additional materials that you may wish to use in class or to take home with you and continue your creative journey are available. Card & cash facilities.
- Seats are limited for each workshop, please ensure you and your creative buddies book early to not miss out.
- Classes are non-refundable